Pages

Me: Eric Keller

Hi and welcome to my Blog. This is a hastily compiled record of my digital art and computer graphics experiments. I am a freelance CG artist living and working in Hollywood CA. I have written several books on Maya and ZBrush. Below my blog you'll find links to the books and tutorials I have authored and co-authored. I also occasionally teach at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood.I named my blog "Bloopatone" in honor of my first dog "Blue". She passed away a few years ago and I still miss her even though she was very grouchy and liked to bite me!

I'm proud to be an instructor at The Gnomon School of Visual Effects in Hollywood. Take a look at the work of our students and instructors on the Gnomon School Blog and the Gnomon Workshop Blog

Here is a link to my Artstation Page

Here is a link to my Demo Reel:

Eric Keller's 2016 CG Demo Reel from Eric Keller on Vimeo.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

More Fire Ant Fun

Very close to rigging my little baby here. Just completing a few tweaks/corrections to the clubs on the antennae, the gaster, hairs and the petiole to try and get her closer to S. invicta. I finished Stephen Welton Taber's Fire Ants and just started Walter R. Tschinkel's The Fire Ants. Both amazing books. Thanks again to Seth Burgess for his critiques of my model. Of course now I have to tackle the queen. the male, and the minims!




3 comments:

  1. Eric my name is walter jr, i am Brazilian and you are a inspiration for me, you and scott spencer are like my personal's teachers, because i am reading your books every day, and my dream is to be like you someday, may God bless you master Eric. Keep to making more and more wonders to us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice of you to say! Thanks so much! I'm working on some fun project that I hope you will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely i will Eric, i am having a lot of fun trying to make that medusa's maquette, the underwater sea lab and the dragon' s head from your books, thank you very much for sharing your artistic knowledge and your skills with us!!!

    ReplyDelete